Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Order of Battle! 1500 Point Tournament Lists


I have not played in a tournament in over a year now. It just seems like something comes up or I change my mind at the last second. But for $25.00 and a chance to spend a few hours in Calgary how could I pass this up! The plan is simple. Get Zwiss to go to the Cross Iron mills for a day and BAMN! I am free to game my little heart out!

I need to consider what I am going to take for an Army. 1500 points is not a level I traditionally play at. It’s fairly small and I am really feeling the crunch. I am going to play Space Marines. Here are some sample lists concepts:

Drop pod list: Steel Rain
Pedro Kantor
X2 Sternguard 4 combi-meltas 2 lascannons melta bombs
 10 man in a drop pod
X1 tactical squad. Melta multi-melta, Power Sword and melta bombs
Drop pod
X2 5 man Scouts with sniper rifles, camo-cloaks, missile launcher/Heavy bolter and melta bombs
X1 5 man Assault Terminator Squad

This list gives me a good deep striking capacity. The Sternguard with a follow on Tactical and Terminator Squad can be devastating. My reservations from this list come from the possibility of flyers ruining my day and the lack of AP 2. But mid to short range they are dangerous! It also has a pretty good theme going for it. It not to much of a stretch to say that it's Pedro Kantors Retribution strike force. If I bring this I want to play an Ork player for sure!

Bike list: Rapid Assault
Captain: Bike Relic Armour, Relic Blade Storm Shield
Command Squad x4 vets, plasma guns Power weapons, Storm shields
Apothecary
X2 Bike Squads 2 Multi-melta attack bikes with 2 plasma guns and 2 melta guns respectively.
X2 Storm Talons
X2 5 man Sniper scouts

The choice comes down to 28 models vs. 44 in the Drop Pod list. This list is faster and all the fire power is a lot more condense. I took a Captain over Khan because Khan’s hit and run is redundant now and I want to have my entire army able to take advantage of combat tactics. This list also has the advantage of flyers zipping around but really lacks staying power. If my dice go south on me I am straight up screwed. I don’t have the bodies to take a lot of punishment.

I’m going to give both lists a test run over the next few weeks and see what I like more.


     

No comments:

Post a Comment